Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Met and the Pyramid Playground

We went to the Met on Tuesday. The costume exhibit was moved for the Egyptian exhibit. It was fantastic. I had no idea they had so many various mummies, sarcophogai (?), and a real temple. The Poiret costume exhibit is in the midst of the Greek artifacts. Wonderful. The sign outside the exhibit is the same as the general museum.. no flash photographey. So I'm clicking away.... well no photos allowed. But here is anillegal photo. I think I took five total.Obviously, they want you to buy the book. (The interesting thing is that there are Mary Englebreit-type flowers beaded on the skirt of this outfit.) Then we saw Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Gougin, Van Dyck, Monet and many more. The ones I wanted to see were in storage to give more room for a special collection of someone whom I can't remember. So I bought the postcards.

We also went into American furniture. Frank Lloyd Wright and Tiffany were my favorites. Can you image having this mural of Versailles in your home? I thought this photo of Sterling was a little funny. It reminds me of family vacations of the past... driving long distances somewhere.

Quint's feet hurt so much he and Ster got a wheelchair while I was in the Poiret exhibit. In handing the fellow his driver's license, it fell, flipped and slipped into the back seam of the desk. The problem is that the desk is made of granite. It took at least an hour to disassemble the specially-made desk to retrieve his driver's license. I wonder if they will now chalk the seams. He paid Ster to push him around the museum. I pushed Jennifer around in her stroller. She was asleep.

We saw perhaps a quarter of the museum. Perhaps. But I didn't get to read all the placards so I don't know if that even counts.

Outside the museum, to the north is the Pyramid playground. After the hour-long nap in the stroller and a frozen lemonade, Jennifer was ready to unleash her energy.

No comments: